Recently Motorola Continues his Moto G Series and Launched the Moto G6, G6 Plus and G6 Play in the midrange Budget and the Specifications are also Good and the device comes out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. How to unlock Bootloader of Moto G6? .So in this Article, I will Guide you how to Unlock Bootloader of Moto G6, G6 Plus, and G6 Play with using the Easiest Method.
Unlock Bootloader of Moto G6:-
First of all Before Unlocking the Bootloader Let’s Talk about Advantages and Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader of an Android Device.
Advantages of Unlocking Bootloader:-
- We can install Custom Recovery Like TWRP, CWM or Others.
- We can Root our Device and install Custom Rom.
Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader:-
- There are Risks and definitely voids the warranty of your phone.
- Encryption Support might get Lost
- It will Completly Wipe all Data of your Phone.
So Now you know the Advantages and Disadvantages of Unlocking Bootloader of an Android Device. So Now let’s Get Started.
Requirements for Unlocking Bootloader:-
WARNING: UNLOCKING YOUR BOOTLOADER VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.
NOTE: Unlocking the bootloader will Wipe/ factory reset your device and will delete all personal data from your device such as apps, photos, messages, and settings.
- Your device must be charged up to 70% before going completely through the process mentioned below.
- Make sure that you have installed proper device drivers on your computer.
Instructions For Unlocking Bootloader of Moto G6:-
- Make sure to take a backup of your entire device data.
- Download the Minimal ADB Fastboot Drivers and Install it Properly.
- Install the Latest Motorola Drivers on your Desktop Download it from Here
- Go To Settings -> Dev Settings, And Select “Allow OEM Unlock“
- Put your device in Fastboot mode (power off, then press the power and volume down buttons simultaneously).
- Go to C://Program Files/Minimal ADB and Fastboot and open Command Prompt from there.
- Now Connect your Phone to the PC.
- Now type adb devices in the Minimal ADB and Fastboot as shown in above Image to Check that is your Moto G6 is Detected or Not.
- Type this in the CMD prompt window – fastboot oem get_unlock_data
- You will get a return string. Copy it. [Right Click-Mark- Mark the text by pressing the shift key-Now press Ctrl+C]
- Paste all the lines together in a notepad. Remove the empty spaces.
- Now go to the Motorola Site Sign in using your Google account or Motorola ID. Scroll down the page and paste the copied string in the field at step #6. Then click on ‘Can my device be unlocked?’, after which a “REQUEST UNLOCK KEY” button will appear at the bottom of the page.
- To get your unlock key, select the ‘I Agree’ option. Note: You will receive an email with your Unlock Key at the email address you used to log in there.
- Important – Copy the 20-character key that Motorola sent you via email. Make sure your device is connected. ( As Shown in Above Image)
- Now type fastboot oem unlock (UNIQUE_KEY) in cmd.
- Now after hitting Enter, it will show you the Warning Message shown in above Image.
- Again type fastboot oem unlock(UNIQUE_KEY).
- Your Moto G6 Bootloader is now Unlocked
- You will see a Pop Up like this when you reboot your Device that means your Moto G6 Bootloader is Unlocked.